Sunday, May 21, 2017

Another one, Seriously?

My boyfriend and I have spent approximately two years without wound issues. He did have a couple of unrelated surgeries which I was entirely too busy to write about. Additionally, I had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy back in January. Other than that though, I had moved on from being a patient with a chronic wound to becoming a full-time student. As I have been in school, my priorities changed and I had to desert the blog. I am back now though...

It started a few weeks ago with some pain in my hip area. I asked my boyfriend to look in the area and all he said was that I had some bruising but it did not look bad and that the skin was intact. While I was experiencing pain and bruising I did not really think too much of it. Frankly, I was entirely too busy focusing finishing my school semester.

While the pain did not really increase, I did experience some clear drainage for a day or two so I asked my boyfriend to look at it this past Tuesday. His reaction to what he saw was to say, "um yeah, you should get that checked out". I asked him to take a picture of it and show it to me so that I knew what I was talking about when I called the wound care center. What I saw honestly did not look that bad to me either but I knew it had the potential to deteriorate quickly. What I did see was, something that looked like the top layer of skin had come off and some small bruises in the center, the border of it looked more red and raw.

When I called the wound care center, they were able to see me on Thursday and I was instructed to stay off the area as much as I could.


At that point, it was just a matter of waiting a couple of days until my appointment, which I hoped would really turn out to be just another case of me being paranoid and with nothing actually wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fingers crossed that this will heal quickly and you can continue with your school!!!!!!